Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mixed Pics

Here's a little bit of what I've been up to since my last post. I took my kids to the trains again (they loved them), Halloween happened, we visited the air museum, and I went on a little walkabout in Coconut Grove. I met homeless people there and listened to a little bit of their stories. One guy told me a story of a boat, a romance, and a drug deal gone wrong. I took his picture and included it here. I wasn't surprised to learn that even in their terrible situations, they could still find love. Lucky them.

This is the only picture from the zoo I wanted to post. These kangaroos look emaciated.

On this plane, every time the guns or rockets fired, these cameras would turn on for several seconds. The pilots were instructed to keep the plane pointed at the target until the guns or rockets found their target, or missed. That is how they would verify kills.

If you view the enlarged pic, you will see a perfect "m" bird shape in the break between the clouds. Also, wtf is with the logo? Weird... and nasty.

I thought this nosecone was interesting up close.

This boat is the home of a man who's wife got into some trouble with a drug dealer.

It is obvious that the he loved that boat.

At the park.

I recently learned that these days, shoes on a telephone wire indicate gang borders. It used to mean that the shoes owners was a liar, and their pants were on fire. I'm not sure which is worse, crossing into gang territory, or being a liar and finding out your pants are on fire. How times change, I guess.

Looks like the building is wearing a hat. Or ablaze.

All the detail going on in this tiny waterfall is amazing to me.

Water is so crazy. So random. There is so much that happens on a small scale all around us. It's too bad we don't take the time to diligently inspect our physical world beyond what is required to keep ourselves safe.

All these differently shaped lines and angles were interesting to me.

My 5 year old son actually took this. Pretty neat, huh?

This one, too.

More shapes and light. I wish I knew what all those bolts held in place. They couldn't all be for the steel plate, right? I have to get inside that thing. Next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment